Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! So I want to change the halogen yellow blah bulb to the white 194 LED wedge. My issue is that I for the life of me can not figure out how to remove the bulbs to install the new ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pictures would help as well :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure that removing rhe headlight is the only way? I've seen other ways that don't have them removed.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,730 Posts
No need to pull the headlights AT ALL.

Find the wires and pull. They are pretty strong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well you can either be safe and pull the headlight and have a lot more room to work, or you can yank them and risk breaking the wires and have to replace or rewire the headlight.

I can't even get my hand in to pull the wires

Why not just do it properly and safe

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not hard as long as the bumper screws are not rusted to the nuts for them. 2 of mine broke and just spin so I had to razer blade them out

I did this exact thing yesterday. Took me about 2-3 hrs total (never removed a passat bumper before) you could probably get away with just removing the grill u per bumper and plastic mount screws. There are 4 headlight screws. It's not that hard..

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,906 Posts
the only caution i have here for other people is that before i upgraded to fancier headlights, my wires were starting to crack the insulation. please inspect the wires for cracks in the rubber before reinstalling. just a safety/electrical problem to watch out for :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to put some electrical tape on my low beam wires when the new bulb retainers came in the mail as they were cracking. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts