Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my pads and rotors, it seem like the rear rotors are not working because when i use the e-brake nothing happens, should I bleed the lines again?

Second day I changed my valve gasket cover, cam chain tensioner seals and PCV hose and later on I will do my plugs.

After letting the gasket glue dry for about 4 hours I just wanted to do a quick test, so went for a quick drive.

Once the car was turned on I noticed the ASR symbol (caution with circle around it) was on, car was also bogging on idle) I let the engine warm up..backed out of my driveway, once I put it in drive the car jumped, I drove it a block over and now the car is humming..not too loud but it was not there before.

What did I do wrong :(

I also checked for any leaks after from the gaskets but everything seems fine, i even used a folding mirror to check the bottom and back part of the gasket..no leaks

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
Check the connection on the airbox to the throttle body. It's easy to fold the rubber seal inside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the problem, i left one of the clips on the timing belt covers loose and it was in contact with the timing belt.

As for the rear brakes, i still couldnt figure out what i did wrong, so i turned the cylinders a out a little cause they werent making contact with the pads..seemed to fix the problem..hopefully

I reset the computer to see if it will pick up the ASR or not

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,507 Posts
The way to adjust the rear brakes on these cars is to apply and release the parking brake. This will gradually rotate the pistons anticlockwise, out of their bores.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts