Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, some of you may or may not know me and that I'm an experienced automotive technician. Certified with VW, many years under my belt wrenching on them and just cars in general. Quite a few members on here have actually come to me in the past and still do to get work done on their cars.

Anything from t-belt / waterpump jobs, turbo replacement, valve cover and cam chain tensioner gaskets, to diagnosing your emissions system check engine lights.
Wheel bearings, axle replacements or rebuilds, ABS module replacements, heater core replacements / unclogging, to general maintenance like oil changes, plugs, fuel filters, and changing all the fluids (brake fluid, power steering, gearbox/autotrans, coolant).
Diagnosis with vag-com or doing whatever else you may need performed with it. (changing settings, electronic rear brake job, etc)

Whatever you need at a reasonable price. :wrench:
[HR][/HR]I have Vag com, so all the fancy settings on newer models can be changed as well. :thumbup:
Also do work on other vehicles too.

Cheers :beer:
-John

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
26,585 Posts
No trucks allowed on the GSP.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No trucks allowed on the GSP.
No trucks north of mile marker 105. :thumbup: Truckers can use the GSP from 105 all the way down to Cape May at exit 0. :thumbdown

Trucks aren't overrunning the Parkway down here. They usually stay on rt 9, 70 or I-195 at that point.

I'm at mile 82, so that's at least 23 miles of truck drafting if you're lucky! ;)

^ Yup, that's why I got hit by a tractor trailer.

Sorry John, back on topic here!
No worries. Totally relevant because I'm from NJ and we all know how great it is here. Wait, what? :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, drive belts and coolant flush performed on a mk4 Jetta with a 2.0l engine today. :)

Also repaired the passenger side engine mount threads that commonly get chewed up after a certain point. Drilled out the chewed up threaded hole, tapped it and installed a threaded sleeve and it worked like a charm. This was the fourth t belt for this one :icon_eek:

Checking out a VR Rado for a timing chain job tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Valve cover gasket, cam tensioner gasket, and a PCV overhaul done on a 1.8t Passat this weekend. :wrench:

Another t-belt for a turbo mkIV Jetta is coming up in a couple weeks and possibly a 2.0t Passat getting a valve cleaning! That carbon build-up can get quite nasty.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Resolved misfiring issues on a 2002 Jetta. Engine was barely running; brake booster vacuum line was shot & spark plug wires were also just as bad.

Replaced the plugs and other vacuum lines while I was in there and it's back to running like a champ. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Obviously the OEM recommended intervals haha.
I was only 19 miles off from exactly 5k! Pretty dang close. Added 1/2 a quart in that time and actually took an oil sample to send out and get tested for shits and giggles. :lol:

The cool thing is that they will give me a heads up as to how the oil is holding up at 5k.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fixed an o2 sensor wire that was rubbed through and serviced the rear differential on a 2004 Grand Cherokee this weekend. :cool:

An old friend is driving to Chicago from NJ and asked me to give it a once over before his road trip this week.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts