Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

CEL P-code help

Tags
cel help pcode
1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  O3zone 
#1 ·
Yes, I just had my second CEL and I had Autozone give me the codes. I have an Engine Coolent Temp Sensor and a P1128. Has anybody had any experieces with ether one of these, and what is a P1128? Thanks from a newbie.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: CEL P-code help (Reason)

I need to find out what this means since I am going to be driving down to Albuquerque in the next day or so. I hope that somebody knows what the p1128 means. Thanks.

#5 ·
Re: CEL P-code help (b5bel)

I checked all of the hoses that are on top of the engine, but I did not see any cracks or obvious problems with them. Where is the coolent temp sensor on the 1.8 engine?

#6 ·
Re: CEL P-code help (O3zone)

a web page with all the vw CEL codes is http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/dtl.table.htm .I suffered a p1128 and it was a leak in a small vacuum hose somewhere near the bottom of the engine( I think) that has been mentioned in several other posted questions and is apparently quite common and a cheap easy fix. I would search the clubb5 forums and archives for one post in particular which included pictures of the culprit , instructions etc. Unfortunately, I discovered clubb5 after this happened to me, and so paid for 2 hours of labor for the mechanic to find the leak. Good luck.

#7 ·
Re: CEL P-code help (mfitz)

Thanks for the info. I will do a search on it and see what I can find. Your mentioning that it was a small leak on the bottom side of the engine reminded me that I bottomed out on a steep ramp leading into a parking lot just before I got the CEL. Thanks also for the URL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.