Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Moderator/Administrator
26,125 Posts
Steve, IIRC, my 04 AWM had the same nice stamped worm gear clamp. My car had 17K on it when bought too. I assume it to be OE on that piece.

Doyles, try pinching the hose that connects to the intake mani right under the L Hose. It goes to the PCV. If the PCV or "bleeder valve" plunger dislodges internally, you will get on and off CEL as sometimes it makes a seal and other times not. Do you hear anything hissing while running and listening under the hood?

03+ got the nice almost indestructable rubber lines. 125K and they still look new to me.

26,125 Posts
Hmm, thread with similar codes: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/74-volkswagen-passat-b6-discussion/303393-rpm-up-down.html

VAGguy might have nailed it, presume PCV bleeder valve is same valve they reference? When pinching that line, should I expect to hear hissing?

Also, presume I should go ahead and swap out all PCV components while at it if that's the culprit? Don't want to deal with this BS ever again if I can avoid it.
When you pinch that line, the idle should improve and any hissing should stop. Not to say the idle will be bad in the first place, but it may sound a little off. Listen at the tail pipe first. It may give out inconsistent puff puff sound instead of a low rhythmic rumble or purr.

Right. If my pcv goes, I'm getting the kit from 034 and doing it all. Same for my amb a4.

26,125 Posts
Pliers won't work. If you haven't gotten it yet, try a super long flat bladed screw driver to pry it out. Assuming you are talking about the metal clip holding #2 into the filter bracket.

26,125 Posts
if you could put up a parts list, that would be great. Thinking of buying the 034 kit and reusing my valve and extra hose. I want to compare pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.