Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i posted about 2 weeks ago when i was really starting to get pissed about my CEL coming on and off for about a month consistently at random...Emissions Workshop...

so i finally drive to about 4 pep-boys/strauss auto/sears auto centers only to get the same 78$ diagnostic bull they tell me just to have my code read...

then im tellin one of my buddies last night about it, and some kid over hears and was like, "hey i have a OBD2 scanner in my car i had in my car when i got fired from pep-boys..want me to clear ur codes?"

ok..good...so here is what popped up

1-P0301-Cylinder 1 misfire fetected :mad: :???: :shock:

2-P1128-Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering :mad: :???: :shock:

so i know a cylinder misfire is bad lol but how to fix/what i should do about these is where u guys come in...

thanks in advance for any help guys :bow:

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
Did you replace the vacuum hoses yet? They are the leading cause of "emissions workshop".

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
^^I agree with PZ. (Hey Paul, wonder why you're familliar with vac-leak CEL's? :poke:) Since it's at cyl 1, i'd check the vac line coming off the front of the manifold first: it's the vac line that taps-in closest to cyl 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.