Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I posted separately to tell you all about buying my '98 1.8T a couple of weeks back. The first thing I want to do is fit a CD changer in the boot as the current Gamma head unit has no changer attached. The question I want to ask is: has anyone done this recently and what is the best path for the cable to go from the head unit to the 1st aid compartment in the boot? Under the carpeting? If so, which path?
I've sourced a Sony 6-disc changer with all necessary cables but would like to know how hard/easy this is to tackle myself?
After this, I'll be tackling the fact that the radio won't pick up Medium Wave......if anyoone knows a tip about fixing this, please let me know.
Other than that...I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
(btw, I'm in Belfast, Northern Ireland.)
cheers!!
K

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi, I've just done this to my passat. I run the cable across the passenger footwell under the carpet , then under the black plastic trim (scuff panel....easy to remove) then under the rear seat & into thr boot area EASY
Should take u less than 1/2 hour & u will need a philips screwdriver.
P.S. my radio also can't get medium wave....I think its a bad earth at the antenna ?
Can anyone help on this prob ? :???:

·
Registered
100 Posts
DO YOU STILL want to know abt mw radio. its a + feed seperator you need auto leads pnc 459 51/91 i think part number

·
Registered
312 Posts
Some of us are moving with the times, and are running lovely clear DAB digital radio! :thumbup: :D

Yep, same here, run the cable behind the boot panel, at the side/bottom of the rear seat, then under the door frame trunking which is the plastic capping that runs along the bottom of the door frames, then up behind the carpet behind the glovebox. And hey presto, you've reunited it with your stereo!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think i can handle that up to the glovebox...oooh when i get the changer then i'll ask questions. Might take a couple of photos to indicate where im stuck. Carry on with the discussion ignore me : )

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am selling my cd changer as the car is getting the car pc within a few weeks. If anyones interested in it make me a offer

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just intrested in the pc, any more yet than what i read on multiple threads like can you supply and how mucho?(uk tdi130)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just intrested in the pc, any more yet than what i read on multiple threads like can you supply and how mucho?(uk tdi130)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
m4den
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing