Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help will be nice. I know its "under the drivers seat" but how do I get to it?

Its throwing a bunch of codes and the infamous "passat gremlins" are invading my electrical systems like crazy.

Car would not start on 2 different occasions
Today, the sunroof and locks wouldn't work, then magically they locked and the sunroof worked again.

I have narrowed the problems down to either the Alien Remote chip or the CCM. I would prefer to check the CCM and its wires before taking the drivers door apart again.

·
Registered
872 Posts
You'll need to remove the dead pedal and door sill trim first. The dead pedal is held in at the top by an 8mm nut (be careful not to drop it in there). the door sill has a small plug near the front for either a screw or nut (can' remember) and is held in by 3 spring clips. Pry straight up (it'll take quite a bit of force). I just used a pry bar to pry up the carpet enough to slide the CCM out. It's actually in front of the driver's seat.

I would check the harness first for any corrosion (look for blue goo). The CCM itself is housed in a watertight box and is help down by a clip (very easy to pull out).

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Thank you!

I took everything apart and all looked good. No corrosion, no wetness...
But one of the plugs of wires popped right off while the other had to be clipped off. I am wondering if that that the problem... just a loose clip.

Everything is working fine now.. for now.

I guess only time will tell. If it still is acting up, I am going to check on the alien remote chip.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this morning the car would not start. I went right for the Alien chip and unplugged it.... car then started up.

I am going to play the waiting game and see what happens. :poke:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Dimensions found the CCM to be faulty. Cost $447.43 to replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts