Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need to remove my CCM, but I cannot find it. I know it should be under/around the drivers seat somewhere. Does anyone have any pictures or could someone give me a detailed description of where it is/how it looks? It's a 98 GLS if that helps. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Bashar

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you mean the cruise control module it is located behind the glove box. I have a 98 1.8T and replaced mine. It is very easy to remove the glove box. Just remove the screws that you see. Hardest part is bending the plastic part that goes all the way to the footwell. You need to do this to get the whole assembly out of the way. Module will be located on the upper right hand side.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but i need to remove the CCM(comfot control module) its kind of like a second ECU...it was soaked when some water leaked into my car.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The CCM is under the carpet just in front of the driver's seat, in a plastic box. You can get it out w/o removing the seat. The plastic box is held down by one nut. I have a good CCM if you need one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
98turbo
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing