Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
koolaid said:
yeah its a 6 can I cut em off and punch em out to fix or will that throw a code?
Wow, pretty drastic.
Why not find out what's wrong first?
Do you have a Vag-Com setup?
If not i'm over here in Tally I could hook you up to mine and see whats wrong if your up this way.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Cut off your O2 sensors, or run straight pipes sans cats?!!?

Eeegads man, you'll have a code for sure then!

You're lucky you're in florida because they don't check for that, but if you WANTED to, you could run open exhaust down there, and it would be gravy. :wink:

Some past posts have stated that the V6's CATs were $$$$$$ to replace, so I would look into www.randomtechnology.com to see about getting some aftermarket parts....unless of course you're still under warranty!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no vag-com I can make a trip to tally for sure. just gives me a reason to leave friggin crestview for a day. Plus a chance to meet another dubber would be coo too. Since I'm like the only one in town.

and to spanky.. the sensors would stay. dont want to straight pipe it cause that might sound like ass. just get the sh#@ out of them and weld em back on. I figured new ones would be expensive, just cause its a VW.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had both Cats changed last week. The warranty is for 8 years or 80K. I had mine in at 79.8k. VW changed them without question. I've got a 2000 GLX.

Want to take a guess on the list price for one of the cats (remember I had both changed)??

How about $1388 a piece. :shock:

Glad it was covered. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.