Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my cat broke were it connects to the turbo it wasnt the flange that broke but the pipe that goes into the flange that connects to the turbo. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting this replaced thru the Emissions warrenties for 95 and newer cars the 8 yr 80k miles. I was reading the EPA fact sheet and it seems like a defect in design so I think it should be covered. Has anyone had any luck getting theres replace from the dealership because of this warrenty?

thanks
T

Oh heres the link to the facts about the warrenty

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr95fs.txt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so I took my car to the dealership yesterday and had them look at the CAT. Got a call from the service manager today that they are going to replace the cat under the emissions warrenty. I told them that I was pretty knowledgeable about the emissions warrenty and when I dropped it off told them if it wasnt covered under warrenty that I would like a written letter as to why it wasnt covered and the name of the person that made the desicion. Dont know if this helped to get it replace but Im glad to have a forum with such knowledge.

I think Im going to see if the motor mount needs to be replaced to see if thats why it failed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think you better look into replacing the engine mounts. (maybe tranny too) This breakage is starting to happen a bit often on higher mileage cars, I busted two! Then I learned about the mounts, I put a Poly Snub in front (Autotech..$20) and HD sides from ECS. Not had a problem since. (Don't know about the sides, but my factory snub was split)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.