Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm the only house on the block that doesn't have a dog. We live across the street from a park and I think there are some wild cats over there.

Anyways, about 3 years ago there was a cat fight on my front porch, and it was gross. It looked like somebody shaved their car on my porch, and there was blood everywhere.

So, I had one of these little ultrasonic gizmo's that are supposed to annoy rodents, so I plugged in into my outlet on my front porch. No more problems with cat fights, but maybe just a coincidence. I did find the occasional cat feces on my yard though. About a month ago I unplugged it to hose of the porch and accidentally broke it(dumb story). Anyways, just a couple nights ago there was another cat fight on my porch!

Do you think these ultrasonic things really annoy cats and rodents or it it just a coincidence that a few weeks after it was broken, another cat fight occurred, meaning more than likely cats were hanging out in my yard again?

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Guns annoy cats!

Actually my understanding is that the ultrasonic doesn't bother pets. However, I watched a show on Discovery about felines and it said the common domestic cat has the hearing range of a bat, so they must be able to hear it. Whether it bothers them or not is another thing.

You can also have a neighbors dog piss all over your porch to spook them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would think it's a coincidence. I think they only get rodents. I watched a thing like that on QVC and they said not to get one if you had any sort of mouse, rat, hamster, or tarantula. I think they're okay for cats(for people who have cats for pets). I think it's time for a pit bull. :)

Jonathan

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Cats don't like owls...

I have heard that they don't like flocks of pink flamingos either. Lot's of flamingos in your front lawn should take care of your problem. LOTS of them. Many! Millions. Flamingos... got it? :p

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
They HATE the smell of citrus, like lemons, limes & oranges...try throwing some peals out on the lawn...

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
set the sprinklers to go off at the time you think they are there. If you're particularly evil, stay up all night a squirt them with a hose. :evil: :wink: :lol: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have this huge supersoaker, but by the time I find it and get it filled up the cats are already gone. Yeah, I need to borrow somebody's dog and have them piss all over my yard and porch. Can't they just bottle that stuff and sell it. Maybe go where they drug test dogs and get some leftover pisss :lol: .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Excuse me Sir, are these the cats fighting in your neighborhood?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Actually I bought a couple of those bug ultrasonic things for my house last night at Wally World and I plugged one in and my dog went crazy. The package said it was safe for non rodent household pets but I guess it works on dogs and cats too...

If they aren't anyone's cats, call the animal control and have them trapped...

If they are someone else's cats kill them to send a message and then cut the cats head off and put it on a spear in your front yard Bram Stoker's Dracula style...just kidding...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LoneStarPoke said:
Actually I bought a couple of those bug ultrasonic things for my house last night at Wally World and I plugged one in and my dog went crazy. The package said it was safe for non rodent household pets but I guess it works on dogs and cats too...

If they aren't anyone's cats, call the animal control and have them trapped...

If they are someone else's cats kill them to send a message and then cut the cats head off and put it on a spear in your front yard Bram Stoker's Dracula style...just kidding...
Which brand did you buy? Do you know anyone with a cat? If they bother cats I'll buy one too. Or I'll buy one of yours if you don't want them cause they bother your dog.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the problem is I never see them. I don't feel like staying up till 2am to see them hanging out in my yard. The wolf pisss or the ultrasonic thing at options for keeping them away without me actually having to see them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
Johnny B5.5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing