Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was REALLY hoping that firetruck was going to do the slide at the end as well!

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
What was with that Portland video? That street must've been on quite a hill. I've been in more than my share of ice storms and I've never seen cars slide quite like that unless they were coming down an incline. And what was with the dumbfuck in the SUV at the beginning of the clip?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
...what was with the dumbfuck in the SUV at the beginning of the clip?
Well, he had an SUV... they can drive on ANYTHING! :lol:

·
Registered
567 Posts
And what was with the dumbfuck in the SUV at the beginning of the clip?
Hit and run... hit and run... hit and run...

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
Why would you sit and watch a Volvo batter eleventy-billion cars and then go and try and drive down the same bit of road?

·
Registered
977 Posts
The Portland Vid.

Snow turned to ice. A couple nice days but cold, melted some of it where the sun got to it. That steet is sheltered from the sun by the buildings. Then we get more snow on top of the ice and...

The guy or gal in the Volvo was a dumbass. On the TV coverage (HD) you can see the Volvo punch the gas (watch the exhaust as it careens from hitting the pole to the other side of the street) They hit the gas once more going down the other street.

The problem in the NW is we don't get a lot of snow and ice. When we do most people don't know how to deal with it. A ton of people running around with awd and think they can do anything but they still have crap tires that came on the car.

Prime example on my way to work Wed morning. Snow Tuesday, some melted and then froze. A lot of ice on the roads. I have good Snow tires and was taking it easy with some people in front of me. Two lane road with a center turn lane someone slows to make a right off the road and an asshat in a 4x4 Toyota truck thinks we are going to slow and takes off down the center turn lane. After about a half a mile asshat loses contol and goes into oncoming traffic and into the ditch.

·
Rollin in the LAV
1,760 Posts
It was pretty nasty Tuesday. There wasn't a lot of snow, but there was a lot of ice. I had a few close calls, including a semi-controlled slide down a fairly long hill during my evening commute. :p There were a few cars stuck at the bottom and I didn't want to hit them, so I had to use the curb to slow me down. :thumbdown So, now I have a fairly long scratch on my already scratched up winter wheels. Oh well!

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
Dammit, I can't get the video in the Portland link. I get audio, I've tried FF, IE and even a direct link to the wmv file which pops up Windows Media Player.

Sounds like gunshots.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
What was with that Portland video? That street must've been on quite a hill.
It is indeed a very large, and very steep hill. Our friend lives at the top of it, and we actually got married at the park on top overlooking the city too :thumbup:. EVERYONE knows it is horrible, so I am not sure why someone would even attempt to go down it.:crazy:

That compiled with a person who DEF doean't know how to drive in the snow..

There was another video on the news of one a street over with a subaru outback, doing similar things :(

IMHO, it wasn't that bad here, but Oregonians DO NOT know how to drive in any foul weather. Hell most can't even drive when it is raining.. :mad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts