Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys carry your B6 key with you? To keep mine from getting scratched up when its not in the ignition, I use a single stack .45 magazine pouch (Sig P220 or 1911 type)from Galco.....fits snug and really protects it. While driving, the mag pouch fits the triangular cutout in the cup holder area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry........do not have pic capability. Just go to your gun safe, pull out a loaded .45 single stack mag from the carrier and insert the B6 key into the carrier. Withdraw the key from the mag carrier and place the mag carrier into one of the two triangular slots in the center console. Start the car. Oh, and don't forget to strap on the .45 loaded with the magazine you withdrew from the safe before driving away.

You think it's anal to protect the key from scratches when it's not being used? I guess you don't put your sunglasses in a glass case or put your CDs back in the plastic case. Have a nice day....arclight out.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
I had a loaner B6 for three days back in early 2006 and had it attached the key onto my key ring with a couple of keys on it and always kept it in my pocket. My pocket had nothing else in it except for the key ring with the keys on it and the B6 key. Nothing happened to the B6 key, it was still mint when I returned it back to the car rental people.

Here is pic of my B6 rental on my driveway (they saw my B5 was black on black, so they gave me a B6 that was the same color combo):

1 - 9 of 9 Posts