Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at my firends dealership Hill Cadiliac when across the street in Newtown Square PA we got to look and hear the new Porsche Carrera GT being tested out before it was shipped to Denver. The sound it makes is amazing it actually sounds like a F1 car. People on the high way were stopping to get a eye on this bad @ss car.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I saw the Porsche GT at German Autospa here in LA, although I didnt hear it I saw it and yes it is amazing!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Some stupid ricer probably thinks he could beat it in his riced out Honda! :lol: Dumbass's

Rich :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I went to the Don Rosen dealership out near Laffet Hill to see a GT, just parked in the showroom floor. The story i heard was the buy bought two, and sold the first one right after he got it and made a ton a money.

The car was the mos amazing thing i have ever seen

my one question about the car is that the one i saw had two diffrent colored center lug nuts, the left of the car had yellow, the right had red. why is this :???:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
DenimA4CVT said:
I can't sleep without looking at my Carrera GT poster every night. :bow: :bow: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
LOL!!

Now THAT'S dedication. :wink:

-alex

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
my one question about the car is that the one i saw had two diffrent colored center lug nuts, the left of the car had yellow, the right had red. why is this :???:
Directional threads. The right side is counter clockwise and the left side is standard clockwise tightening pattern.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Boris said:
jeffsu350 said:
Directional threads. The right side is counter clockwise and the left side is standard clockwise tightening pattern.
i guess why do they do this, what is the advantage, im assmming speed in changing the tires for racing, or safety :???:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
could it have something to do with the special tool the factory supplies with the car to properly torque the wheel nuts?

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
Boris said:
i guess why do they do this, what is the advantage, im assmming speed in changing the tires for racing, or safety :???:
Uhm.. so the acceleration of the car would always serve to tighten the nut, not loosen it.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
So where can I buy those wheel studs? :p Must be confusing as all hell (not that Carrera GT owners will be doing their own maintenance).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts