Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend dropped off a porche at the Don Rosen Porch and Audi dealership near Laffett in PA. He said there was a Carrera GT sitting in the show room, so the next day i went up there with him. The car was amazing looking.

The story i was told is that some guy bought it for $450,000, never titled it, is leaving it at the dealership and selling it for $600,000. :shock:

There were two 40th aniversaty 911's in the showroom.

next door at the audi dealership, two S4 cabrioletts :shock: :shock: , and RS6 :shock: and atleast 4 S4's, just sitting outside in the rain :shock: :shock:

in the back there were five cyanne turbos, six or seven cyanne s and one or two cyanne. Then some 911's and boxter s'.

The trip was amazing.

then we went acrros the street to a mazda dealership because my friend is lookin into getting the Rx-8. i sat in the back, and it was very very comfertable. I am about 5'11 and i had plenty of room. I really like that car alot. the thing that surprised me was that the salesman said 7 or 8 sec 0-60 for that car. my w8 is supose to be faster than the rx-8 :???: :shock:

oh well, a great time, a good time, lots of awesome cars

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Nice..

Rx8 is not fast at all, however it does really well on the track. Top Gear tested it and it did the same time as BMW M3 (E46). I thought that was amazing.....cant wait for the turbo version...if it ever comes.

Just to give you a comparison....

M3 does 1/4 mile in low 13s....while RX8 does it in low 15s (high 14s).....awesome!!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
The story i was told is that some guy bought it for $450,000, never titled it, is leaving it at the dealership and selling it for $600,000. :shock:
what a tool. i hope he gets burned on it but i highly highly doubt the Carerra GT will do anything but appreciate.

i wonder if the Porsche factory limits sales of new cars like Ferrari does by pre-calling known-loyal owners who buy their cars as owners and not just to speculate.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Carrera GT ...WOW

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
have you seen the specs on that monster? something like 600 HP and 450 torque :shock:

My boss said he saw just the chassis and it was just as much of a work of art as the completed car... wow...

·
Registered
170 Posts
How can you buy a car and not title it? Who's the owner, the buyer or the dealer while it's sitting there?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
My friend dropped off a porche at the Don Rosen Porch and Audi dealership near Laffett in PA. He said there was a Carrera GT sitting in the show room, so the next day i went up there with him. The car was amazing looking.

There were two 40th aniversaty 911's in the showroom.

next door at the audi dealership, two S4 cabrioletts :shock: :shock: , and RS6 :shock: and atleast 4 S4's, just sitting outside in the rain :shock: :shock:

in the back there were five cyanne turbos, six or seven cyanne s and one or two cyanne. Then some 911's and boxter s'.

The trip was amazing.

then we went acrros the street to a mazda dealership because my friend is lookin into getting the Rx-8. i sat in the back, and it was very very comfertable. I am about 5'11 and i had plenty of room. I really like that car alot. the thing that surprised me was that the salesman said 7 or 8 sec 0-60 for that car. my w8 is supose to be faster than the rx-8 :???: :shock:

oh well, a great time, a good time, lots of awesome cars
i see cars like this every time i come home... (neighbour owns this ... http://www.weissach.com/ and yeah, always has gallardo's and stuff of that sort in his drive way :shock: )

very nice rides.. one day im gonna have to get him to take me a ride in one of the cars..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts