Registered
2,681 Posts
nuttin new.. ive had that in my garage for a month now :roll:

I WISH :bow:

EDIT: Boris.. i see you have one in your garage as well... :suspicio: :cry:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
who would ever want an enzo over one of these??

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Medrosje said:
who would ever want an enzo over one of these??
someone with a couple hundred thousand more disposable income.

It is faster than the GT, but seems much less practical. Did I just call the Carerra GT practical? :lol: Sorry.

PS: OUCH to that pic Boris!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: What an amazing car!

A true :thumbup: :thumbup: car!

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That is beautiful! :eek:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see just how much/if the Enzo is faster. They both weigh 3k lbs and the Enzo has 40 more hp. It would be an interesting comparison to compare the 2 cars around a track. Porsche has a history of being fast with less hp, as with the recent comparison between the GT3rs and the 360 Challenge. The ferrari had 420hp and the Porsche had 385hp. They had the exact same lap times. Comparison was done by Top Gear, probably the most accurate magazine/show I have seen thus far.

Anyways, of any street car today, the Carrera GT would be in my garage.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
it would all come down to the shifter with me. 6-speed manual any day.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Blade said:
I think it would be interesting to see just how much/if the Enzo is faster. They both weigh 3k lbs and the Enzo has 40 more hp. It would be an interesting comparison to compare the 2 cars around a track. Porsche has a history of being fast with less hp, as with the recent comparison between the GT3rs and the 360 Challenge. The ferrari had 420hp and the Porsche had 385hp. They had the exact same lap times. Comparison was done by Top Gear, probably the most accurate magazine/show I have seen thus far.

Anyways, of any street car today, the Carrera GT would be in my garage.
the distribution of weight in those cars give the two completely different dynamics (consider engine placement of the GT3) which could have given it an edge depending on the course. BOTH the enzo and carerra gt have the same engine/drivetrain layout. Both are extensive on use of composites. Road and Track reviewed the GT this month and you can see the comparisson data on the McLaren F1 and Enzo. Here's some stats
(GT / ENZO)
0 - 60 (3.6 / 3.3)
60 - 0 (124 ft / 109 ft)
skidpad (.99 / 1.01)
weight (3530lbs / 3230lbs)
1/4 (11.3 / 11.1)
top speed (206 / 218)

Enzo seems to have all the stats accross the board, but it costs A LOT more. There's also a more subjective issue of design and fit that deal more with taste and preference than statistics. Example: how do you like your door to open.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
3500lbs?? Porsche's website lists it at 3,042lbs. Also according to Porsche, it reaches 124mph in 9.9secs. If you know anything about Porsche, they usually underate their numbers, so I would expect at least these figures. Blue, make sure that you are not using the FORD GT, we are talking about the CARRERA GT here :wink:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
All my data came from R&T. Make sure you're talking about a full load here.

pg. 85 June issue

under General Data
curb weight est. 3530
test weight est. 3710

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That weight is wrong. The car is made almost completely of carbon fibre, how could it weigh 3700 lbs. Full load? Fill it up with fuel and load 2 250lb men in it and it would weigh 3600lb. I still think you are referring to the wrong car. The porsche doesn't weigh 3500 or 3700lb, it weighs 3025lbs. Driver included it would weigh 3225lbs assuming a 200lb specimen.

Look here, it doesn't get more accurate than the company that makes the car. http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/performance/default.htm

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
data's wrong then. but that's what I've seen published.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts