Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else experience carpet wear problems directly to the right of the accelerator pedal on the center console? Looks like the pedal is placed too closely to the center console causing my shoe to constantly rub the carpeting. The car is only 4 months old but already most of the knap is gone and I'm afraid the carpet will be completely worn through before the year is out.

Anyone else have a resolution for this? The floormats are wearing badly as well but I expected that and don't really care.

AlexR

·
Registered
547 Posts
I actually did a post on this a while back: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80414&highlight=

I solved my problem by making something I call the "Bigfoot Pad". I used some aluminum I had lying around and cutom cut it. You can see it fairly well in the picture below - just to the right of the gas pedal.

It works great! It's been on for about two months now and I forget it's even there.

Monter mats will solve your problem with mat wear. :wink:

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
DogWitaB5 said:
I actually did a post on this a while back: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80414&highlight=

I solved my problem by making something I call the "Bigfoot Pad". I used some aluminum I had lying around and cutom cut it. You can see it fairly well in the picture below - just to the right of the gas pedal.

It works great! It's been on for about two months now and I forget it's even there.

Monter mats will solve your problem with mat wear. :wink:

:thumbup:

The plate looks black in the photo. Did you paint it/anodyze it? Also, how did you attach it to the carpeting? Great idea!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Altair 4 said:
The plate looks black in the photo. Did you paint it/anodyze it? Also, how did you attach it to the carpeting? Great idea!
Thanks! It was actually a shiny piece of aluminum that I lightly sanded to give it the polished aluminum look that the gas & brake pedal have.

I attached it with some 3M Heavy Duty double sided tape (the red stuff) that I picked up in a hardware store. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.