Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
it must be spring.
I had tried the armor-all upholstery cleaner on the headliner and it worked. It's in a pump spray, probably just soap and water. Call a local dealer and ask what they clean the used cars with - probably hot water vacumn.
Also, what would a scotchguard application do afterwards?

·
Registered
718 Posts
guys at work tell me CRC brakleen has the same chemicals as the stuff they use at drycleaners and that that should work to clean my carpet...if you can put up with the fumes for a little while. I don't know though, I still havn't worked up the nerve to try it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
therockshow182 said:
I like my tan interior on my B5.5 but I hate how the carpets get so dirty, even with the mats in.

Can any of you guys recommend a good carpet cleaner?
I've used Tuff Stuff for years and acquired my preference from my father. Good stuff.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Tuff Stuff = Good stuff :thumbup: . You can use it to treat one spot or brush it in with a strong brush on your carpet and follow with bissell or just vaccum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use a spray from the company Chem-Dry. it uses a special CO2 agent to get under the stain and lift it, It is the same thing professional carpet cleaners use. It isn't cheap, I think it was $16.00, but there isn't a stain I havn't been able to get up with it including tar, oil, grease and crayon.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I use Eimann Fabrik Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner every so often, because it works well and leaves a nice aroma, not chemical at all.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
BBD said:
I'm with ya man....My carpets are so dirty right now and the car is only 2 weeks old!
Rockshow is a girl...

But Im with everyone on this. My headliner, seats, and some of the trim around the windows need a good cleaning. Mechanic's hands, and greasy fingers... they dont add up to a good combination, at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
Scuba2001
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing