Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 GLS-V6 5 speed Satin Silver with Black Leather and Luxury Package. I have installed the VW warning triangle and crystal clear sidemarkers. I have also installed Bilstein HD shock absorbers, a billet aluminum shorty antenna, and a Euro spec headlight switch with the 56d tab taped to disable the DRL's in the parking light position. I have also installed the ATE Powerdisc brake rotors on the front with Mintex Redbox brake pads. This is a great car and this club has really helped make driving and maintaining it a lot of fun.

Future mods include replacing the stock Adelaides with new Tangos and replacing the rear brakes with Mintex Redbox and Brembo slotted rotors. Fog lghts would be nice also, but haven't found them at the right price yet.

Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/ceatkinsoniii Click on "The Car"

[Modified by ckatkinson, 2:39 PM 9/2/2002]

<![CDATA[I have a '99 GLS-V6 5 speed Satin Silver with Black Leather and Luxury Package. I have installed the VW warning triangle and crystal clear sidemarkers. I have also installed Bilstein HD shock absorbers, a billet aluminum shorty antenna, and a Euro spec headlight switch with the 56d tab taped to disable the DRL's in the parking light position. I have also installed the ATE Powerdisc brake rotors on the front with Mintex Redbox brake pads. This is a great car and this club has really helped make driving and maintaining it a lot of fun.

Future mods include replacing the stock Adelaides with new Tangos and replacing the rear brakes with Mintex Redbox and Brembo slotted rotors. Fog lghts would be nice also, but haven't found them at the right price yet.

Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/ceatkinsoniii Click on "The Car"

[Modified by ckatkinson, 2:39 PM 9/2/2002]

[Modified by ckatkinson, 12:32 PM 9/5/2002]

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Carl Atkinson - York, PA (ckatkinson)

FINALLY
there are other
s in Pennsylvania. I was starting to think they didn't exist. The only few car shows we do have around here I've seen one or two.
Let me know if you know of any shows coming up. I was thinking about waterfest but didn't want to drive alone. Maybe next year if you to go we can caravan (is two cars a caravan?!) Also the BH sounds fun!!

I usually go to Carlisle and there was a new one this year at Hershey Park (Importwar). Carlisle I was with BMWs and Audis(OH,well I still got 3rd place)
Importwar I got 1st place, but when I was leaving I did see a passat. He wasn't parked near me, probably with a club.

Enjoy your

maybe we can meet up some weekend. Is the circuit still the place to go?? Last time I went was about 3 years ago (before they changed the traffic flow and the three lap rule
)
The last I heard people from York and even Md were coming to hanover. It can get very crazy

Like I said I'm not sure I haven't been out much(Married, work alot, and when I'm not doing anything I work on my car) But to meet another B5er it will be worth it to get away.

B51.8TJUNKIE

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Carl Atkinson - York, PA (B51.8TJUNKIE)

Hey Junkie,

Sounds like fun. My schedule is pretty ugly til mid-Sep, but I wouldn't mind trying to do a GTG in late Sep or early Oct. I'll get with you in Sep. Congrats on the show titles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You weren't kidding

Carl,

Just wanted you to know, as you can see, the Voith B5s are happy camper B5 owners.

When you said this website was dangerous, you were really talking about yourself. . . I didn't know so much could be done to alter/modify the perfect car.

Thanks for letting me know about this site and happy driving.

Regards,
Diana Jackson

·
Registered
14 Posts
Carl,

Hope this finds you and your family doing fine.
I wanted to ask you about the timing belt parts. I know you told me a web site that had good prices on parts. Could you tell me which place it was?

Hope you and your family have a great Holiday!!

Thanks,

Hal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts