Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CF hood on my 2000 and on the highway the sides push up to allow all the air movement out causing everyone who we pass to signal us that something is wrong with the hood. Is this common given CF's light weight and are hood pins need?

Also, I'm considering changing hoods but don't know the name or place to price the hoods with the extended front tip that covers the top part of the headlights. This would be my alternative which would mean I'd sell off my CF hood. Thanks for you help.

Bob

·
Registered
521 Posts
witht he lightweight of the hoods, it is very common for your hood to wobble like that...with the aero dynamic nature of it...

try getting a piece of paper and holding it by 2 of the corners and blow on top of it..the piece of paper will lift witht eh airmovement....

invest in some hood pins....not jsut for the wobble but for your own safety...ive seen too many hoods flop up when the latch breaks....very dangerous and scarey....

-alfred

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vwpwr said:
I loved your bumper, who makes it, where can I find it?!?! And how much did it cost you ?!?
It's a Pakfeifer front spoiler from Austria and as I understand it, may be the only one in the U.S. It had to be molded on to the original bumper as it did not fit on it's own. If my receipts are correct it was right at the $660 and another $1000 for the labor.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Texas Bob
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing