Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Engine covers

2K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  HKB5variant 
#1 ·
Abalonepoon may be willing to make more covers for those of us that missed out on the last round. Please contact him at:

abalonepoon@netvigator.com

By the way he does great work!!! My brother bought a set and didn't think about his Baby Bro, so now im scrambling trying to get some.

His Club B5 name is hkB5variant.

#8 ·
Since I haven't tried on 30 V engine, I need someone to ship me all his covers so that I could do carbon coating on them as 1st prototype and demo.

Volunteers needs to pay for the coating charge and the shipping cost back and at his own risk if cracking happen during shipping.
It may takes 4 weeks to get back the coated covers.

Since the V6 30V covers are larger and much more expensive than the 1.8T ones,
it would be more economical to do in this way.

This would be the first carbon engine covers on V6 30V.

any volunteers?

#18 ·
airbox cover
The airbox can only be used for display only.
Since it 's located too close to the red hot turbo, the top carbon fibre layer cannot deform and reform as quickly as the plastic cover itself and cause the carbon layer wrinkled. However, this won't happen on other covers)

1.8T
engine cover $65
battery cover $40
airbox cover $40 (display / show up only)
B5 steeing oil container cover $30
B5.5 steeing oil container cover $30
shipping would be around $30

30V V6
I cannot quote the price until volunteers ship me his covers for making the first prototype and price evaluation.

I need as least 10 set to start the GB again.

#20 ·
Well... If I keep my car till the wheels fall off (I'll find out in another month or so) I'll be willing to ship my 30V covers off to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.