Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok MAF is good, plenty of fuel, timing belt is good. what else do i need to check?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why is that, its only like 65 degrees where i live, SAn diego, and it ran fine last night

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
sometimes when they go bad this happens.
it does not know the engine temp (hot or cold) so it either dumps gas or starves it of gas.
just a suggestion, i am not anywhere near your car and dont know for sure but its a cheap part and sounds like it.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o ok thanks i thought u were talking about the outside temp sensor, my bad, thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i have, i am stumped 3 people are stumped, if i come up with nothing today i will be taking it into the dealer, or a shop, ya prob a independant

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Did you plug the vag com or a ODB2 in? What are the codes? It could be a ton of stuff. Plus you have to tell us most info. What motor what year
:thumbup:

Dealer will charge $60-100 just for the diagnostics.

Autozone will check codes for free. Probably lend you the scanner with a CC#, then you'll know something.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Get a new thermostat from the dealer ($10 or so) & install it yourself. If that doesn't work, then bring the car in for service.

BTW, there probably won't be an error code... the ECU has no direct way to know if the thermostat has failed.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
16725 P0341 Camshaft Pos.Sensor Circ Range/Performance This is the code that is on the car, what do i do now, this wont let it start

8,184 Posts
16725 P0341 Camshaft Pos.Sensor Circ Range/Performance This is the code that is on the car, what do i do now, this wont let it start
Ok but still why year and motor do you have?? Without these we can't really help you out. But if thats coming up I am thinking if you have a 1.8T bad coil pack (was at a shop and anothers 1.8T jetta had the same thing) or if a V6 something with the TB

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Ok MAF is good, plenty of fuel, timing belt is good. what else do i need to check?
Have you changed the TB recently? If you got the belt on wrong it may be out of position or you could have f'd the sensor somehow during the job.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1.8T 2000 FWD

I got a CODE FOR A bad camshaft position sensor, so i just went to the dealer and got a new one, hopefully it works.

And yes i did recently replaced the TB a week ago and it ran for a while, but i thought it may have moved so i pulled it all again to check and it is perfectly alligned still

1 - 20 of 51 Posts