Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I am working on wiring an amp this morning and I take the glove box out to run the RCA's down the passenger side of the car and when removing the light in the glove box it hits part of the metal frame and grounds out shoots a spark. light goes out as well as all the interior lights so i figure blown fuse..... I wish. car won't start just a very faint tick tick tick from engine compartment no interior lights work but all the dash lights work. tried jumping it. didn't work. any ideas? not that it matters... 2000 GLS V6 manual 66k miles

Andrew

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is it? with the relays and such? or is it a relay? black and square makes me think relay anyway to check those?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Check all fuses
Some are in the fuse box on the side of the dash
Some are inside the dash
Car won't even start if the fuse for power windows are blown (tried it)
Shouldn't be an ECU problem - I've sparked the grounded too many times when I do wiring jobs...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I had my jetta blow a radio fuse b/c I had the dash apart this weekend and it wouldnt let me turn the alarm off.. and the car wouldnt start. It was sooooo annoying.. BEEP BEEP BEEP. It ended up just being a radio fuse and it was fine after that.

Check all of your fuses. Test each one if you have a meter or just swap them out with some spares.

Let us know what happens.

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
atomicalex
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing