Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PassatWorld.

As a favor, I am arranging the import and transport of a 2008 Cadillac CTS from Hungary to Oklahoma City, OK. What are the forum's recommendations for ground transport from the Port of Houston to Oklahoma City?

The favor is part of the last request of a deceased acquaintance for his son. The son wishes to obtain the vehicle for sentimental purposes. The car will be shipped to Houston to an ICI for conversion/import. From Houston it will need to be transported to the ultimate destination of OK City via a reliable yet acceptably priced transporter. With the collective experience and wisdom of the forum, I am curious and open to suggestions.

Thank you for the assistance.

·
Registered
26,073 Posts
The best option would be for him to fly to Houston and pick it up (if possible). Otherwise, I would check with the import company in Houston. I don't know of any personally, but VW ships through there.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT USE these people, Ultimate Transport 123!!
These donkeys shipped Jays W8 to me when I purchased it.
Now the passengers side is all scratched to hell and they stole one of the key FOB's.
Now they refuse to deal with me on resolving this issue.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
If I can find who shipped my first W8 to me, those were decent people.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best option would be for him to fly to Houston and pick it up (if possible). Otherwise, I would check with the import company in Houston. I don't know of any personally, but VW ships through there.
If life was easy...The individual traveling to the car for pickup is out of the question. Due to the Cadillac having been manufactured to European emission standards, even though built in Lansing, MI, it will have to be imported as a "nonconforming vehicle." I have already contacted the one company listed as an ICI located in Texas (Houston) to see if they also provide shipping services as well.

I have checked a few shipping companies listed for the Houston area and the reviews aren't reassuring. Hopefully someone with a positive experience will chime in. Dave, your experience with Jay's W8 came to mind while doing research. Hopefully the import company can provide some assistance or recommendation.

The Port of Houston has many vehicle manufacturers utilizing their services. I remember when I was younger traveling on Loop 610 East going on the bridge over the port and seeing the parking lots full of cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts