Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
around how much does the dealer charge to repaint a car? If i bought a silver passat for example, and wanted it to be painted black magic, can the dealer do this? how much is it?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Tom288 said:
around how much does the dealer charge to repaint a car? If i bought a silver passat for example, and wanted it to be painted black magic, can the dealer do this? how much is it?
hehe, if you're going to ask the dealer you might as well ask for a trade-in.

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
The price will depend on exactly you want it painted. I told my painter to purposely tape off the door jambs to give it some contrast and with my hook up it was a little under $4K. For a complete job (all jambs, engine bay, etc.) expect to start at around $7K.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
The paint starts at 60.00 per pint. You will get charged for a full can because what is leftover will have to be thrown out, due to reaction with the air. On top of that add labor to strip paint then to paint and sand the layers. That takes 3 to 5 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.