Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sent my ECU in to Neuspeed for a 1bar chip to be installed. When I installed the ecu and turned the switch on . after a few minutes the CEL came on. I started the engine and it began idling very low. Now it stumbles and 1500rpm. But if you get it to rev higher than that it will sustain the rpm. I had my mechanic put his scanner on it and these codes keep coming up (18010 P1602 Power supply terminal (B+) ) the other code is (17953 P1545 Throttle postion control) Before I had the chip installed the car worked fine. I called Neuspeed's tech line the told me to take out the ECU and re install this should fix the codes. The mechanic and I cleared the codes removed the ECU and then reinstalled it still we are getting either one or both codes. Last night we did a throttle adaption on the car but still the same result. Does anyone know something that we should be doing or could neuspeed have made some sort of error when repromming my ECU? :cry:

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
The Power code is from pulling the ECU... happens 60-70% of the time, and effects nothing.

Try it one more time. Remove, install, then turn the ignition on, but don't start, and let it sit with the hood and door open for 3-5 minutes... don't touch the accelerator.

Clear any codes in the ECU, and do a throttle body alignment... should solve your problems... good luck.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will give it a shot, Right now I will try anything, because if I have the buy a new throttle control module that means less money for mods, and I am trying to wrap phase one of my project "Passat GLI 1.8T" Thats is right I said GLI not GLS I am building what I think VWOA should have send us here in the US a sportier model under the the GLX. I will post pics when I complete the minor details of my incarnation. :b5: 4 life.

·
Registered
248 Posts
phantom,

I know this is way late, but may help others in future... I had very similar symptoms a couple weeks ago when my battery completely died... It would idle fine but when I went to give it gas, it would just fall back to idle. I tried the so-called "TB adaptation" everyone speaks of here (open door and hood and put key to on for 3-5 min) and never helped. I eventually had it towed to the dealer who hooked it up to his VAG-COM. He performed the real TB adaptation and 30 sec later my car ran like new. So if you are still having problems, find someone with a VAG and have them do the TB adapt and see what happens.

I am thinking about getting chipped but I fear having to have my car towed back to the dealer because it needs a TB-adapt again.

Laters,
-Chris

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Jet what happened was when I placed the ECU the instructions say to turn switch on for at least 2 minutes. but I accidentally turn the switch off before time and after that the CEL came on. At this point I needed a TB adaption I then found the procedure in my bentley manual and my mechanic and I used his Autoland scientech D91 code scanner to perform the TB adaptation. The code scanner user a diagnostice cable and a software cartridge that contains the VAG-COM software and has the ability to perform all the functions of the VAG-COM.

·
Registered
696 Posts
good catch, yea you need to remember to let the ecu sit with the power on before starting it for a few minutes. sorta similar symptoms happened to me. i got chipped and took the car for a test drive and was thrilled, i get back to the lot at the car starts sputtering and stalling. i try to start it but it wont run for more than 2 seconds. What happened: with the warmer weather, the hoses were looser, the higher boost blew off one of the hoses from the DV, and i lost all vacuum pressure. it was an easy fix but still pretty scarry... :eek:h:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts