Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Downshifting problem with tiptronic trans on 99 passat wagon.. Will be checking Trans fluid soon...
Any ideas on this????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to recap , when i got wagon misfiring steve you said icm problem ... Spot on done ! Now
passing gear and take off are very poor!!! Had code on trans syst about brake switch fault 000526 on Snap on scanner .cleared.airbag lite on after start up. gonna check trans fluid level, better still do fluid and filter change. I reviewed haynes manual, it said it may be malfunction in trans module

·
Registered
61 Posts
On the gear display on the dashboard, is there are a red box lit up around all the numbers? Or is just one number highlighted? If it's all lit up, then your transmission is in limp mode and it won't downshift because you only have 4th.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,i noticed that the other nite... while driving the ctr console all letters are red and whatever
Gear i was in is lit brighter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry,i didn't answer your guestion. Well on dashboard whatever gear i select is shown in darker

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
This info is from the Ross-Tech Wiki... 00526 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Many Automatic Transmission Control Modules will show a DTC 00526 or 17087 that indicates a faulty brake light switch. This can be ignored and will not appear if you press the brakes once before checking for Fault Codes.

I've run into that code on several auto trans Passats.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
You never really said if it shifts or not. Pay attention and feel for the shifts, watch the tach for RPM drop each time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts