·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stats:
99,571 miles
02 1.8T Tiptronic
Auto-Rx at 50,000 miles
original turbo and engine components (changed T-belt at 90k)

Issue:
Started round two of Auto-Rx for my ride cause it's REAL close to 100k miles. Drained old oil last night and only drained 3 quarts! :icon_eek: Um...the car usually takes anywhere from 4.5 to 5 quarts (with big filter). I checked and the only seepage I found was from my Bailey DV, but it wasn't a constant drip or anything...maybe a class II leak (for those that are military). Oh, and did I mention that the oil filter barely had oil in it...usually when I drop the filter, some spills out it's so full....not this time....weird.

Recommendations:
You tell me....what should I look at? There's no seepage around the headgasket, turbo or IC lines. I'm stumped. Unless I find some HUGE chunks coming out during the rinse phase, I'm going to start panicking.

Thanks all!
:thumbup:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...I REGULARLY maintain my car, and all related maintenance (short of replacing control arms). I never noticed a big dip in the oil level, but must admit, after the last oil change, I've been a "tad" slack and only checked it twice in 4k miles.

Good point, but nope...doesn't tell me anything

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,503 Posts
Check your PCV system.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your PCV system.
You talking about the puck valve, near the N75? Hmmm...I did just recently adjust it while installing the boostvalve. I'll take a look.

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,503 Posts
You talking about the puck valve, near the N75? Hmmm...I did just recently adjust it while installing the boostvalve. I'll take a look.
How about the N75 or the purge valve itself? A malfunctioning PCV system can cause oil leaks, oil burning, and sludge buildup. Bad news all around ...

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about the N75 or the purge valve itself? A malfunctioning PCV system can cause oil leaks, oil burning, and sludge buildup. Bad news all around ...
I'll take a look for any obvious leaks that I can see or feel. What are some other obvious signs for a malfunctioning PVC system??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts