Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so get this, freaking kids (18 and 19 year olds) jack my car in the middle of the night (from my gated garage) :shock: , with my surfboard in it. they take out the surfboard, and then drive 5 hours from LA to monterey, ca before they crash the car. i get a call 10am in the morning from the highway patrol telling me two dumb-f%$k-nuggets crashed my car way the hell out in nowhere. :mad: :mad: :mad:

so i got the car recovered (but no surfboard), and insurance is going to tow it back to so. cal. but i was wondering if i can have the car towed to a shop that i choose (according to some car owner's bill of rights or something like that). i was wondering if anyone knows a good/reputable VW shop that i can get my car inspected at? :???:

need some help soon, maybe to find those two bastards afterwards and have a minute or two w/ them too...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Dont take this the wrong way but now that some of your car is smashed its time to look at aftermarket parts and maybe get some oftermarket stuff instead of stock.

Like say you front bumper is smashed, instead of getting a stock one get an aftermarket one. Stuff like that.

I feel your pain, I was a victim of a hit and run about two weeks ago, and my car is in the body shop now getting some goodies on it :lol: but I cant tell you what they are.

I hope you find these stupid as punks, they should die. :mad:

Rich :)

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Not familiar with CA law but I'm pretty sure its a standard thing that you can have the car towed to the repair shop of your choosing. The insurance company is only going to authorize as much as they are going to authorize so if the shop you choose costs more, the difference comes out of your pocket. If you can live with that, I say go ahead and slimey is right, now is the time to think about some possible upgrades.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, the front of the car was crashed, seems like some undercarriage damage, scraping along the sides, and a blown tire or 2. hehe, aftermarket, makes me giggle when i think of it, i was hoping that they'd totalled the car, then i might not be so mad w/ them (cuz i'd be able to get a new one)...

they caught the 2 bastards, what i want to know is, who takes a joyride from los angeles all the way to oakland?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
I wouldnt want it back. Have them check it for engine damage, transmission damage, axle/driveline, wheel bearings, tires, hubs, body panels, etc. With that said, some of those repairs can add up to a very costly repair and can total the car very easily. Having someone at that age steal a car and (I can say this because Im at that age) go for a "joy ride" can do quite a bit of damage. If there is any undercarriage/frame damage... and depending on the miliage/year of your car, its possible that they may just total it.

Wish ya luck,
Steve

·
Registered
487 Posts
Raebocol said:
they caught the 2 bastards, what i want to know is, who takes a joyride from los angeles all the way to oakland?
So was it Monterey or Oakland? They're about as similar as LA and San Diego. There's a two hour drive between them and ones a coastal town that attracts a lot of tourists and the other's a hole that kills well over 100 people in an average recent year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have no idea, but my car was at 40K and i needed to take it in for maintenance service, and so, i'm wondering why in the world they'd take a joy ride that far...

according to CHP, they were on their way to Oakland, when they crashed my car near monterey, somewhere out in the middle of nowhere... i'm sure they were driving the car pretty hard :cry: , it's such a long drive, probably even filled up w/ gas along the way, those bastards :mad:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sterling Collision Center
15622 Mosher Ave.
Tustin, Ca. 92780
714-259-1111
call me up
BMW Factory Certified

Also direct repair center for Newport Auto Center
and we do a crap load of Audi & VW's as well as BMW's

Jon-E-Jam works there....call and ask for Johnny. He did my prior Mini-Van and will be doing some long needed work on my B5 soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.