Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I went on a little vacation to Wisconsin Dells and came home a not so happy person.

First thing, I got a friggen $230 ticket for going 15 miles over on the expressway!

The other thing is my car got keyed up in the parking lot. There are 2 fine lines by the rear left door. I have this Zaino Bros. wax for small scratches and all, but I'm wondering if it will work and get rid of the scratches. (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-5&Category_Code=Zaino)

If that will not solve my problem, what is the easiest/cheapest/fastest way to do this? My car's color is black.

TIA

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Z5 with multi layers will fill hairline scratches. If the scratch you have from the keying is deep enough to catch your fingernail in your going to have to go to a pro to try a rotary on it or painting.

If you can't catch your finger in it ScratchX and a lot of elbow grease might do it but it has oils and fillers so as you work it use a 50/50 spritz of Rubbing alcohol / water to remove the fillers and check your work.

If you have a orbital buffer you will have better luck.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Jesstzn, I dug up old threads with your responses cause I need some info. I have scratches on the hood of my car which are somewhere between 'keying' level and 'cat scratch' level. You suggested 3M Swirl Remover for the cat scratches and Meguiar's ScratchX for the keying above.

What is more applicable in my case. Also, what is this Z5 you mention? I think I will need some filling to be done for those darn scratches.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Z5 will only fill the most minor spiderweb swirls seen in the sun .. I have had those cat scraches and your going to need to do some work... If you can catch your fingernail in them you will need a buffer .. if less than that try the Scratch-X and a Terry applicator pad.

My web site has a dropdown link in there to the use of Scratch-X

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
YetAnother20V
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing