Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sounds like you're overboosting and you probably receiving an error code of "max boost pressure exceeded" - no CEL though. Only way I've heard of fixing this problem is to adjust the wastegate - basically you'd be opening it just a hair so that you do not go into the overboost condition.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Motherf**ker. I JUST went into limp mode on Tuesday and I had to reset the damn ECU (unplugging the battery method). and now 3 days later, the car goes into limp again. It just started up in limp mode. I could feel it right away, with no boost at all, no turbo whistling when I accelerate.

I can't deal with this, its so annoying, can someone list part numbers and names of potential parts to replace, so I can just go into the stealership and have them install it?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Limp mode is triggered by almost ANY engine code. Go to Autozone and have 'em pull the code for you so you can have a clue as to what's goin' on.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
xpress1.8t said:
even without a CEL light, can Autozone still pull out codes from the engine?
Nope, its gotta be on.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay.... i went into Autozone today to get my "CEL" light diagnosed. and they ran a test on my car --> "Air / fuel ratio" went across the screen; im thinking is there a air/fuel ratio sensor that i can replace? if anyone has anyone has any idea, how much it would cost, let me know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.