Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant open up my trunk. the pop on the door is working but its not releasing the latch. i tried with the key too and it wont open. any ideas. i think some bolts might of came loose from my subwoofer. so how do i go about fixing it? any ideas

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Ok i had a similar problem happen to me. So when you press the button you hear the release, but the trunk itself does not pop, correct? Im also assuming you dont have the emergency trunk release (i did not either) If this is your problem here is what you need to do:

- Fold down the rear seats
- Climb into the trunk from the back (bring a flaslight and a flathead screwdriver with you)
- Pry off the trunk deck lid carpet covering, it has a bunch of thoose PITA clips so it will snap, but dont worry they are metal and are not going to break.
- Pull it off enough so that you can slide your hand towads the license plate area.
- Once you can get around there you should be able to feel/see the latch, you can manually push down on the latch, this will release the trunk.
- Once off you can figure out your problem, in my case there was a plastic locking clip that held the metal clip onto the trunk latch. It was missing on my car for some reason.

Anyway hope this helps...also if you have not removed the trunk deck lid carpeting you MAY have to remove some screws althought im not totally sure where they are. I had removed mine a few times before i did this so mine was just held in by the clips. If when you are pulling it feels stuck (make sure to tug hard since again the metal clips are a pain). if it still feels stuck there may be some screws...for some reason though i think it was totally clips up there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts