Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Can't Afford Damage... But damn, I need that ECU

825 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  merk20VT 
#1 ·
Tomorrow I am picking up a Divertor Valve. I ordered a ECU upgrade for the end of september which runs 14.5psi boost, and removes all of that restricting moolacca. Do I have to worry about blowing the turbo? Is 14.5 psi considered safe? Can somebody with a chip (similar to this one) please ensure me that I have nothing to worry about.

-Richard

p.s. I haven't touched my suspension yet, does anybody find that the B5's ride really high in the front. I can fit my fist (upright) between the fender and tire. I don't want to slam my car, I want to lower it to be like those new A4's with the sport springs and wheels. Which spring and damper system do you recommend? To achieve this look.

#2 ·
our engines can handle that amount of boost with out worry.

Many people here have swapped out their stock suspensions for aftermarket ones. Depending on what type of ride/performance you are looking for, there are many options available.

I am personally running the Eibach Pro System (springs and shocks) and it is middle of the road as far as the distance between ride comfort and performance. You can also go for coilovers and drop your car 2+ inches if you can deal with that.

I am sure people will chime in with their opinions soon.

Also do a search for suspension options here, it is a topic that is discussed at least every other day, so there is a ton of info floating around here.

Good luck.

#4 ·
merk20VT said:
Tomorrow I am picking up a Divertor Valve. I ordered a ECU upgrade for the end of september which runs 14.5psi boost, and removes all of that restricting moolacca. Do I have to worry about blowing the turbo? Is 14.5 psi considered safe? Can somebody with a chip (similar to this one) please ensure me that I have nothing to worry about.
I know several people with GTI's (same engine) running over 20lbs of boost with no problem.

#5 ·
thanks

Thanks guys for reassuring me. I am on my way to pick up the divertor valve. Can't wait for the PPppppHhcccsssssshhhhuuuuuuu. :lol:

-Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.