Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Can't afford a Ferrari?

3K views 35 replies 32 participants last post by  aowhaus 
#1 ·
#8 ·
It's amazing body work but it's such a let down to hear it and see that it can't even do a burnout. If I had that much body work talent, I think I'd try to find a wrecked one (with little motor damage) and just try to rebuild that instead of making a fake, underpowered one like this.

#14 ·
technically no. if there is any variance, WHAT-so-ever in the logoing then they cannot sue. also the fact that this is a kit car makes it all open waters.

though if you have enough money and lawyers you can sue a cookie. doesn't mean you'll get more than it's chocolate chips, but you can try :lol:

#18 ·
The wheelbase looks wrong - overall the proportions just don't look right. It's likely fool someone at a glance but anyone remotely familar with cars that looked at for more than a few seconds would say it doesn't look right. And at what cost did he build that thing? At the end of the day, he still has a MR2. If that were the case, wouldn't you rather not be a complete poser and just do something more like this:

But hey, I suppose if a guy has money burning a hole in his pocket, is bored, and has the time...

#28 ·
Laughing at the engine cover and the fact that he put the word "Ferrari" incorrectly on the brake calipers.....supposed to be facing the other direction

#32 ·
Haha, never thought I could beat a Ferrari! :lol:

Imo, I think thats great. It took major talent to do that, and it takes big balls to drive that thing down the street. It looks great, but it performs like crap.

My mom has always wanted a Ferrari, but too much power a womens hands....I think I found the perfect car for her :D

#36 ·
I do appreciate the time and work put into it. It's one of the better conversions out there and nicer than many of the Fiero-based conversions.

The fake engine topper is hilarious.
I'm surprised he didn't to anything with the dash and console -- that's a tell tale sign that it's a fake Ferrari.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.