Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a trip to the automotive glass shop, I still have a front windshield leak in the upper passenger corner of the A-pillar. The shop applied sealant, but it has not stopped the leak.

I asked about the cost of a new windshield gasket. The shop said that you could not obtain a new front windshield gasket unless you purchase a new windshield!? This does not make sense. Does anyone know of a source to obtain a front windshield gasket?

TIA

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Changed my windshield twice in less than a year, not a single leak.

How good the glassman is the key :)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have the same leak on my B5. I was told by several shops to be prepared to replace the windshield if they pull it to fix the leak. For some reason, these windshields (not sure if it is common with all windshields) are prone to breaking when they try to remove it. Call around to a variety of shops and see what they say.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Cannot Buy Front Windshield Gasket

HKPassat said:
Changed my windshield twice in less than a year, not a single leak.

How good the glassman is the key :)
Did you have the existing windshield pulled and resealed, or purchase a new windshield and gasket?

If you purchased a new set, how much should I expect to pay? The shop I went to did not have a price quote (it was the end of the day and their supplier was closed).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Ooinn99
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing