Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
hahahaha. I just found these off audiworld. $5 shipping charge? Maybe you can answer how they are applied.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Installation looks easy:

It looks like you get two covers and one set of buttons [unless you get chrome].

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
crew217 said:
wait so it is $25 for one?

you can get 2 for the same price on his website
which website? Link please?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
crew217 said:
XedoS69 said:
crew217 said:
wait so it is $25 for one?

you can get 2 for the same price on his website
sounds like there are cheaper sources than the one I found :oops:

closed then..............
errr yea its on his website . . . are you getting them from him?
Where do you suppose XedoS69 was getting them from? I would like to know the website he was getting the "GB" from? :roll:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
well it's actually $19.99 for 2 colored/metal plate, and 1 rubber button portion (the black strip in the middle), so it's only good enough to do one fob.
Don't know why they don't offer just one or two of each.

It's a cool mod for your fob -- I'm not worried that there's no labels for the buttons, the car sounds the horn when it's locked -- that's enough indication that the car is secure and you didn't press the wrong button.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
so you have to cut the existing cover off? or does the existing button plate come off with some disassembly of the key?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
What about the red emergency button on the side?
Those seem to deteriorate faster than the lock buttons.

-Gene

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. First, there were covers for cellphones. Now, for key fobs! Excellent.

I noticed that you can't seem to order one color individually at the site. It'd be nice to be able to get them unpainted so you could pull a color-match ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.