Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else heard about a Canadian only sport version of the TDI Passat? It was a one liner in an article in the local newspaper talking about Canadian only cars about a week back (I'm lucky if I get a chance to read the newspaper a week late with two kids running around the house!).

So would sport TDI = 5 speed (or even 6 speed)?

As an aside, there are some markets in Canada where better than 50% of Golfs and Jettas are sold as TDIs.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
TDI Sport? isnt that an oximoron?
chip a TDI and come back to see me after, they are fast enough to hold 1.8T's when they are well built up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and yes, 75% of jettas and golfs are TDI's and about 20% are 2.0's and 4% 1.8T's and 1% vr6's in my neck of the woods anyways :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
FWIW here's the 4-1-1 on the Jetta TDI Sport

Prepare for the 2004 Jetta "TDI-Sport Edition"!

Canadians, prepare for a special treat with the 2004 Jetta TDI-Sport Edition! This unique model combines high diesel technology with a sporty look and sport suspension. Too good to be true, it also comes standard with "Bugatti" alloy wheels, sport seats, leather steering wheel, and more. It’s available with exterior colors suitable for those sports enthusiasts and those who just want to drive in style.

Choose between a five-speed manual transmission and a five-speed automatic with Tiptronic. Power is driven by Volkswagen’s 1.9 liter TDI-PD high-performing diesel engine. The "PD" stands for pumpe düse technology, a high-pressure injection system that provides better fuel economy, less combustion noise, cleaner emissions, and higher performance and efficiency. It’s PD for "pretty dynamic" too!

Based on the Jetta GLS TDI-PD, the 2004 Jetta PD-Sport Edition also comes with the following equipment:

Standard Equipment
Engine/Transmission
1.9L TDI-PD 100 hp engine and 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic with Tiptronic

Equipment Exterior
Sport suspension
16" alloy "Bugatti" wheels (from 2003 Jetta GLX Sedan)
All-season tires 205/55 R 16 H
Special badges under side blinkers (design pending)

Equipment Interior
Leather 3-spoke "sport" steering wheel
Leather shift knob and handbrake
Sport seats, black "Bandchen" fabric

Exterior Colors
Reflex Silver, Platinum Gray, or Spice Red

Optional Equipment
Sunroof
ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program)
Side Curtain Protection™

Availability Spring 2004
Pricing
(Canada only)
5-Speed Manual Transmission $26,900

5-Speed Automatic with Tiptronic $28,300

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
now were talking :bow:

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Petra Passat said:
As an aside, there are some markets in Canada where better than 50% of Golfs and Jettas are sold as TDIs.
I noticed this to be true in the Windsor area. Saw a lot of Jetta TDI's, but precious few gas Passats, though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Do you have TDI Passat's in Canada? In '98 or '99 I saw two TDI Passats for sale in Minnesota, and to this day wonder where they came from. Can one be puchased in Canada and brought down here?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ganseg said:
Do you have TDI Passat's in Canada? In '98 or '99 I saw two TDI Passats for sale in Minnesota, and to this day wonder where they came from. Can one be puchased in Canada and brought down here?
Not to my knowledge (at least I haven't come across one yet).

·
Registered
59 Posts
There were B4 TDI Passats in Canada. Not sure about B5s - I believe I've seen reference to 1998 Passat TDIs being available in Canada, but I can't confirm that. Volkswagen of Canada used to be a separate entity from VWoA (trivia - VWoC is older than VWoA) and could sell cars that appealed uniquely to the Canadian market. But now it's driven from Michigan, so that luxury is gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts