1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and fails miserably...

Konstruction2 - YouTube

Konstruction - YouTube

Build to Fail, Fail to Build. What is this I don't even.....

Build to Fail, Fail to Build. What is this I don't even..... - Page 7

Build to Fail, Fail to Build. What is this I don't even..... - Page 7

Originally Posted by DNAspark99
Build to Fail, Fail to Build. What is this I don't even.....

I bring you this for your viewing pleasure. Constructikons and do-it-your-selfers may get an extra special kick out of this one.

So, my landlord has taken it upon himself to build a 'toolshed'. For a roto-tiller. At least, that's the entirety of what he told us - there is, however, some inherent communication issues. (He's Korean, and not yet well versed in english (though certainly much better than my Korean)). There's one door so far, and a lawnmower will not even fit through it. (I don't think he knows that yet though)

So, this is the 'project' thus far. For one, the ground it's being built is mushy moist marshland - your feet sink with every step. Which is always ideal for a good foundation - or complete lack thereof.

It may not be immediately obvious, but I don't think this man has a background in construction.
It appears he owns a hammer and saw, perhaps a measuring tape, perhaps not. Certainly nothing like a square, straightedge, or level.
I guestimate that he has seen no more than 3 episodes of various home improvement shows, and maybe at best he's driven by a construction site atleast once in his life. After all, "how hard could it be?"

Indeed.

Now, I'm fairly certain this violates several bylaws. But I have no intention of stopping this beautiful process. I want to see this abortion come to term, and will keep this thread updated as this eyesore... evolves.

The pics almost don't do it justice though, at a glance you may almost think everything is straight and parallel. It's not.
Bit of a long read, but if you have the time I highly recommend it, many hearty LOL's to be had. :lol:

·
I wish I wasn't witless
2,253 Posts
I've seen some things that have made me go WTF when it comes to construction, but THIS GUY definitely takes the cake at the epically failed party and the crown for lack of basic knowledge of how to use a hammer and the trophy for "That's the sperm that won" award....amongst other things.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Things are a little different in Korea, sometimes. Not much more than a couple of decades back, quite a few Hyundai factory/assembly buildings lacked real foundations and actually had dirt floors.

But, I have to admit, I was really looking forward to the collapse video...

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
This is not a shed, he just hasn't told the tenant yet. It's a poultry house. The gaps in the walls provide ventilation for the birds and the seemingly mismatched floor pieces provide a slope for the fecal matter to to make its way to the ground, either by gravity or broom and hose. It's a timeless design that's he's adapted to use materials from chain home improvement stores instead of the traditional use of salvage pallets and shipping containers.

·
13,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol:

That screw that was hammered into a 90 degree angle absolutely slays me for some unknown reason. I just can't comprehend what was going on in his head/how that happened.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
:lol:

That screw that was hammered into a 90 degree angle absolutely slays me for some unknown reason. I just can't comprehend what was going on in his head/how that happened.
You know how it is. Robertson screws, which rule up North, actually require the correct size driver. The default just becomes a hammer (not the wrong size straight blade when you need a Philips, like here).

·
13,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know how it is. Robertson screws, which rule up North, actually require the correct size driver. The default just becomes a hammer (not the wrong size straight blade when you need a Philips, like here).
True, but the way that went in looks like he didn't even attempt to make it go in straight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts