Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to buy a new cat and I was looking at the Techtonics Tuning down pipe w/cat. Any one ever done this one??? and if so is it bolt on or weld on??? Any info would be great can anyone recamend a high flow bolt on cat???

·
Registered
628 Posts
The OEM CAT is actually pretty well designed. You really don't need anything else unless you have a big turbo upgrade. But if you still want a Highflow cat Random Technologies and TT both make them. The TT is more expensive.

I just had my a TT Catback Exhaust w/down pipe installed today at SRS. Its a little louder than I wanted but I hear it will quiet down eventually. I'm still using the stock cat btw. Its snowing up here in the NE so I couldn't really get on it. But I noticed it does pull harder.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
My Random Tech High-Flo cat I got in on the Group Buy I ran kicks ASSS. (thats with THREE "S"'s BTW)

Everyone who got one installed loves it.

As a side note, I couldn't blow a candle out through the stock CAT, but
The Random Cat you can easily tell how many fingers someone was holding up if you looked through it!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
audi one is the same i think that is what you are supposed to order I'm calling up lightning motorsports tommorrow to order mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts