Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure out how to roll my own fenders with a bat and heat gun... I'm not going to rent that rolly thing because its too much of an ordeal to get ahold of one. I really don't want to leave my car to a shop to do the work either - everyone makes the How To seem very easy. Here are the things I don't really understand yet... when you roll the fender are you just squishing that inside lip against the outside fender or are you actually pushing the whole fender out. I don't know what I'm doing or what to look for and I don't want some ghetto'd out fenders when I'm done so I'll have to go buy all four new ones. If someone could do a step by step that would be AWESOME and greatly appreciated. Hopefully I'm not the only one who needs this info and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tires rub against the fenders. Maybe we can put an end to this question once and for all and get it into the Information Forum... or maybe someone can help me out because I'm crazy :crazy: :crazy:

ha! thanks in advance
-- Eric :D

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Rental details are as follows:

The rental cost is $50 plus shipping to and from me. (In most cases shipping is $20 both directions for ground)

Rental period is for 5 days.
Example; UPS delivers the package on Monday, so Tuesday would start day 1. After your 5th day, the package must be sent back to me along with an email containing the tracking # as proof. If you are late in returning it, a $10/day fee will be charged until it is shipped back to me.

A $500 refundable deposit is placed on your Visa/MC when the tool is rented out. I will refund the $500 less the cost of shipping the tool and the rental fee when it is returned in good order.

If signs of negligence, misuse or damage (whether intentional or not) is done to the equipment, the rentee will pay for repair/replacement of tool(s) damaged. I doubt anything like this should ever happen, but if it does, please let me know.

Ship the package insured back to me so we don't have to argue bullet point #4 and anything else.

Please return the tool in the same box it was sent out with the same packing materials where possible. If UPS damages it in shipment, not to worry, that's why you shipped it insured (as stated in #5) :)

I assume no liability in damages, whether accidental or not, to you or your vehicle(s). The rentee assumes all risk involved in using such device.

Please read directions for use below, it will help you in doing a good job.

I will NOT guarantee you will receive the tool any particular date. Don't even bother asking. It's first come first serve.

There is usually a wait list for the tool. I do no advertising or make mention of it anywhere but surprisingly people come from all over to rent it. Don't expect to get it in 2 weeks. The shortest I've had the list is about 4 people, usually around 8-12 long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
julianfang
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing