Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have condensation building up in my passenger headlight due to the absence of the rubberized dust cover. Can these be purchased by themselves? If they can, does anyone know the part number?

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I have condensation building up in my passenger headlight due to the absence of the rubberized dust cover. Can these be purchased by themselves? If they can, does anyone know the part number?
Not to take $$ away from ECS but why don't you post a WTB in the classified's? I'm sure someone has a set of busted headlights laying around that they've just been too lazy to get rid of yet... :whistle:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We should be able to get them, is this for a B5 or B5.5? Just let me know and I can post a link to them on the website.
B5.5

Not to take $$ away from ECS but why don't you post a WTB in the classified's? I'm sure someone has a set of busted headlights laying around that they've just been too lazy to get rid of yet... :whistle:
I'll give that a shot if it's too $$.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Easiest fix for condensation in the headlights.....

1. Take them out

2. Get the smallest drill bit you can find....I used 1/8"

3. drill two small holes on the outside and underside of the headlight, where the hole bores into the headlight cavity

4. Watch condensation not become a problem anymore.

:thumbup:

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,607 Posts
3B0 941 607 E $8 at either ECS or Worldimpex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts