Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting these and putting them on my b5 passat. will rwd mercedes wheels have enough offset to fit on a passat? I'm emailing the seller right now but I was just wondering if anyone on here knew off hand. I know a lot of guys run mercedes wheels on here so I thought I would ask, TIA.

Obviously this will be with different size tires.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are Carlsson Wheels aftermarket or OEM? If so, what are the chances I will need to buy rings and lugs? Any idea how much rings cost? Am I buying the lugs from mercedes or volkswagen? Is the pitch/thread the same on mercedes and volkswagen lug bolts? Sorry for all the questions but this guy is selling those wheels for $500 and its local to me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
those wheels look aftermarket and you will need to buy rings($15-20) and lugs for a MERCEDES, VW's are about 2mm too wide....the tires might also be too big but if they came off an E-class the should fit....if the rim is 17" the tires should be a 2X5/45/R17 and 2X5/40/R18(where the X depends on the tire width)
good luck w/ getting these because i am looking into mercedes wheels for my Passat too

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
the wheels should fit but will depend on :
offset:
width:
tire size:
by the looks of the wheels & tires thats on the S CLASS benz your going to need to get smaller tires.

but with the carlssons your OEM lugs might fit ...just need hubcentric rings

nice choice:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
provided they are the proper offsets for that s-class then they will fit. s-classes use 14mm lug bolts (same as vw), but are about 20mm longer (and you need every bit of it). like mentioned before, you can pick up the lugs from the dealer for $7 a pop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts