Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just curious about this... We just purchased a 2013 Passat SE w/sunroof (power driver's seat only) and was wondering if anyone has added the memory function (it looks like the SEL's come standard with that)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anything's possible with money and a dealer that won't rip you off too badly.

My 2.5 SEL didn't have it either. Only Premiums have the coolness.

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
It could be added, but if you're not tech savvy, it could get costly. You'll need to add some wiring and the memory module. It really boils down to how badly you want it. But yes, it's possible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It could be added, but if you're not tech savvy, it could get costly. You'll need to add some wiring and the memory module. It really boils down to how badly you want it. But yes, it's possible.
Sorry, I missed your reply. The cutting and splicing things is no big deal. But I also have to keep in mind that this car is a lease. My wife drives the car 95% of the time. But every time I drive it she always complains that she has to reset the seats and mirrors to her position. Geesh... I didn't know that pressing a few buttons was such a chore! :) She used to drive an older 528 which had the memory so I suppose she got spoiled. I guess I'll have to weigh how much that is worth!

EDIT: I guess what this will come down to is how much $ and how much time. If any of you have a realistic, approximate idea on that it would be appreciated. You don't need to go into too much detail - just a rough idea so I can decide if it's worthwhile to pursue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
EDIT: I guess what this will come down to is how much $ and how much time. If any of you have an realistic, approximate idea on that it would be appreciated. You don't need to go into too much detail - just a rough idea so I can decide if it's worthwhile to pursue.
I am curious as well. Does anyone know what parts are needed? If I find a set of SEL seats with the memory function, what else would it take to make them work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts