Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at finally putting in a K04 with some custom programming but it's hard to find them. SPP has them for $700 but they are out of them until December. Then I came across these guys, they are rebuilt and I will be getting one that is ported/polished. So, turbo gurus, can I trust them?

http://www.gpopshop.com/kkkturbos.html

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right but I have one question....

I think the K04 they sell is just a K03 w/ different turbines. That's basically what a K04 is right, a K03 with different turbines? The same housing with different turbines? I found another place that has one for $725 shipped but I like the idea of the P&P.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
You are right but I have one question....

I think the K04 they sell is just a K03 w/ different turbines. That's basically what a K04 is right, a K03 with different turbines? The same housing with different turbines? I found another place that has one for $725 shipped but I like the idea of the P&P.
Correct, same housing. If they are a good rebuilder and can balance the wheels then everything should be fine. Also, they may actually provide some kind of warranty which is more than you get on most turbos.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Correct, same housing. If they are a good rebuilder and can balance the wheels then everything should be fine. Also, they may actually provide some kind of warranty which is more than you get on most turbos.
they carry a 12mo/50k warranty. honestly, 575 for a rebuilt k04 with warranty is imo, better than buying a new k04 for ~800 with basically the same warranty, or less. plus, they claim to use heavy duty bearing too.

http://www.gpopshop.com/warranty.html

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just noticed the warranty also and you are right about it, they are the first I have seen that actually offers one.

Now, let's just hope they have one in stock or can make one.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is there software for k04 with awm engine? :|
I'm working on it and when I'm done there will be. I will tell them to save it so it can be duplicated. Don't worry, I will hook up my fellow B5.5ers as it's obvious no one else will.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zach, go *big*, SISSY!
I was going to go with an ATP kit, but I would have to use a PES chip, and well, no. For what I am going to end up paying for this with the turbo, MAF, injectors and software is what I would end up paying just for the ATP kit.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's what they said. I though the difference between the K03 and K04 was both compressor wheels including the exhaust one or am I completely tripping?

Hello....Thank you for your interest. The turbos we have listed on our
website are all remanufactured. These turbos all start out as K03 turbos
and have the heavy duty K04 bearings installed, and can also be upgraded
with the K04 compressor wheel. The warranty on these turbos is 12 months
or 50,000 miles. All of the internal wear items have been replaced with
new parts, all other parts are inspected ant then either reused,
remanufactured or replaced. The gaskets we sell on the site are all new
OEM gaskets. Let us know if you have any other questions.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts