Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Can I paint my own spoiler?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  I<3myW8 
#1 ·
I am purchasing a Boeser hood and black outside rearview mirrors. My car is white and I want to get Zender spoiler. Is it possible for me to paint the spoiler myself? I want to paint it black to match the other black parts on the car. I think it would look awesome! Any ideas? :? :b5:

#2 ·
search around the internet a little!! go to google or something and type in car paint, or touchup paint. you can get all the info you need on how to paint parts of a car with aerosol spray paint. it should be easy for you since you won't have to do any serious color matching. good luck! :)

#5 ·
OEM Paint from Liberty VW. Its 150 oz bottle with the clear coat for about $7. You need very thin sand paper, 3 coats of good quality primer, 3-4 coats paint and 4 coats of clear coat, Sand in between where you have inperfections. Use thin coats so it wont drip. Wait to dry between coats.
I did all my spoilers,eyelids...
Good luck

#6 ·
It should be fairly easy. Follow these instructions that are for eyelids, but of course use your spoiler. The concept should be the same.

http://www.b5one.com/howto/eyelidpaint.html

I am afraid Meltemie might be mistaken. I believe that the bottle is 150ml not oz. 128oz = 1 gallon. Another good source for paint is www.paintscratch.com. They have pretty decent prices for amounts larger than 150ml. Good Luck.

Thad. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.