Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive lived in a house with a few friends the past couple years and recently I moved into an apartment. I lived there before with my mom so everyone knew me and was very helpful. The girl I had for my salesperson is a good friend of my moms so she helped out a lot. Now, there are garages there but they are all taken by my place so I asked about parking(I HATE dings). She told me parking wasnt a problem......then I moved in. Parking is a nightmare!! :mad: There is nowhere to park!
Heres the issue.. I rented an apt that is for the handicapped. They dont rent as many of those so I got a SWEET deal. There arent any handicapped people in my building and there are two spots for them. I asked if I could park there and was told its not a problem. Then I start getting notes on my car "This is not your personal parking spot". I ran into a guy that lives by me one night and he confronted me about it. I told him I had permission and made a few other comments about it.
Last week, I end up with a HUGE dent in my f'ing fender!! :mad: :mad:
This morning, there is a sweet ass key mark about a foot long :cry: :cry:
These things happend in that parking lot. I am 100% sure of it. I cant do shit! I am shit out of luck! I just want to punch them all in the face as hard as possible. Do you guys have any better ideas? PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
rough shit man.............i'd kill someone :mad:

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I would set up a sting. Some type of camera or something. Than SUE that ass of the next person who does anything.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Oh man... this goes sorta ties in with the thread from JulianFang about his parking spaces getting stolen and wanting to get sweet revenge.

What ever you do, don't do anything illegal. Keep it legal. Video camera deal is good to catch the ass who does that kind of shit to your car. Then you can prosecute the bastard and sue for money.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I wouldnt do anything illegal. Its just heartrenching to see this stuff done to my car which I care for so much. I thought about writing up a letter and putting it on each of their doors saying if they have a problem, come knock on my door and we will discuss it. I cannot believe how people can be such dicks! This is just ridiculous!

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Do the same to his car. Do it soon so he knows it's you.

You should also walk around acting all crazy and shit. Talk to yourself a lot, sometimes yell at yourself. Then get an empty gun case and carry it with you everytime you are outside. Bring it with you to the car and back into the house when you come home. :wink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
OCTICK said:
I would set up a sting. Some type of camera or something. Than SUE that ass of the next person who does anything.
Agreed. X10 has some great devices that are wireless.... and have motion sensors. Trip the sensor? and the next "x" amount of seconds (you can set it) are recorded on your hard drive (assuming it's within a certain radius)

Not ALL that expensive, and a GREAT way to ruin some punk asses month..

Rian

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Postman said:

You should also walk around acting all crazy and shit. Talk to yourself a lot, sometimes yell at yourself. Then get an empty gun case and carry it with you everytime you are outside. Bring it with you to the car and back into the house when you come home. :wink:
Do you realize how ironic your post is? ;)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I feel bad your car was damaged, I hate to see other peoples property messed with. However, while you may have the permission of the landlord to use one of those spaces, if you do not have a placard or license plate designating you as a handicap individual you had it coming.

You should have taken a hint when the notes were left on your car. It could be someone from another building that has taken offense to what they view as blatant ignorance on your part. The abuse of handicap parking spaces pisses of a lot of people. Unless your landlord is willing to remove the markings of one of those spaces, I suggest you find somewhere else to park. You can try to take the issue up with the landlord.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sorry about your ride dub. Its not cool to mess with someones car.

Once while we were visiting my grandfather in Orlando, we borrowed his car with a handi-capped placard and we got yelled at when we didn't park in the handi-capped spot at the grocery store.

It works both ways I guess. :lol:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
rpaller said:
<snip>...if you do not have a placard or license plate designating you as a handicap individual you had it coming.
No -- he had a *parking ticket* coming. Dublife's use of the parking space was not a threat to life or property, nor did he or his car pose a danger to the community. The "vigilante justice" imposed on the car is not justified.

If the vandals thought they were in the right, why not call the Police to ticket and tow the car? ...or at least tell the apt. management to do the same?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally understand where one might argue that I dont have a plate or card BUT, as pete1 said, I am doing no harm to anyone. There are TWO handicapp spots there and lately,someone has been parking in the other(no plate or tag). :???:
I specificly asked if it would be acceptable for me to be there and I was told I would not be ticketed as its PRIVATE PROPERTY. They cannot ticket.
The bottom line is this...I moved in almost two months ago. When we walked around looking at different apartments, I was told the parking would be better in one than another. They had no reason to lie so I gather that she just didnt know. BUT, this was of HUGE importantance to me. If I couldnt have a garage, I want safe parking. I dont care about being close, just not a quarter mile away(no exageration). When Im out, I park far away from others. I cant do that here.
Im just up shits creek with this one fellas. :(

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
VAB5 said:
Postman said:

Do you realize how ironic your post is? ;)
I would of prefered it if you said "do you know how stupid your post is?" ;)!!

:)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
"Can I kill my neighbors"

Of COURSE you can.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
pete1 said:
rpaller said:
<snip>...if you do not have a placard or license plate designating you as a handicap individual you had it coming.
No -- he had a *parking ticket* coming. Dublife's use of the parking space was not a threat to life or property, nor did he or his car pose a danger to the community. The "vigilante justice" imposed on the car is not justified.

If the vandals thought they were in the right, why not call the Police to ticket and tow the car? ...or at least tell the apt. management to do the same?
I should have been more clear. I am not condoning marshall law against him or anyone else that violates designated handicapped parking. However, I am sure there those that have handicapped grandmothers or children who are infuriated by people improperly using the spaces. Knowing that the police have their hands tied more often then not because of private property, they find the only recourse in taking the law into their own hands.

My advice is to park somewhere else and chalk it up as a life lesson.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in the FUCKING handicapped apt. The ONLY ONE! There are two spots! What justifies them parking in the other spot????? NOTHING! They just do it b/c I am. Do I take the law into my hands and bust their window or key their car for parking in a handicapped spot? I mean, I park there and my car gets keyed, why shouldnt theirs? If I get caught by the police, I just tell him they did it to me? I dont think thatll fly. I dont see how I "had it coming".
Im only 22 and I realize that something can be handled by talking instead of childish SHIT like keying someones car.
I dont think that Ive mentioned that I dont live in a lower class apt. My apt is F'IN expensive and in a very good part of town. I might expect this from people of lower inteligence but not a higher class person.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
If you know someone with a handicap parking permit... just photocopy it, or scan it and print it out again... it might be illegal... but you have persmission for that parking spot anywayz. At least ppl will see the permit and not think twice about it, maybe then they will appologize for previously scrtaching your car.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then I can punch them in the face?
I dont know anyone with a permit. Even if I did, I believe these people will look at it and think....Must have photocopied a permit.*insert more keying here*
Maybe, Ill set the building on fire. Thatll teach them :evil:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
There is no excuse for the bastards to mutilate your car. Pisses me off that people have no regard for someone elses property.

I have several times been the victim of vandalism such as this and I swore if I ever found or saw someone doing this I would kick some major ass even if it wasn't my car.

God Damn lowlifes.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Sucks to be you man. I understand your point but I'd have to agree that parking somewhere else is probably the only solution. No matter what some one will see you there and feel the fire of justice burn in them and then you get more damage done... if it's worth it, keep parking.

I know you're close to the spot and in the handicapped spot and all but what ya gonna do.

Not to mention even though it's private property I would think the appt complex can get in trouble since there's no doubt a law about providing handicapped acceess, they probably have little legal right to just say "screw the handicapped, you can park there."

Sorry dude.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts