Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use the stock speakers to input audio from two independent sources? The DVD player came with a radio installed. I'll hate to use an FM modulator, which is a last resort at this point.
They'll be used independently with one always shut off.

Stock Unit (CD+Rad+Cas) ----->
____________________ ----> Bridge speaker wires -----> Stock Speakers
New Unit (DVD+Rad+Amp) ----->

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
You can build a switcher from a couple of 4 pole double throw relays from Radio Shack. This way you can leave your factory unit on and when you turn on the DVD player the relays will switch and the sound from the DVD player will be heard. Turn the DVD player off and the sound will switch back to the factory unit.

My question is why keep the factory unit?

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
orlangba said:
Can I use the stock speakers to input audio from two independent sources? The DVD player came with a radio installed. I'll hate to use an FM modulator, which is a last resort at this point.
They'll be used independently with one always shut off.

Stock Unit (CD+Rad+Cas) ----->
____________________ ----> Bridge speaker wires -----> Stock Speakers
New Unit (DVD+Rad+Amp) ----->

If you do not have a cd changer installed, you can get a blitzsafe or PIE RCA adapter that will lie to your headunit and allow any generic RCA signals to be heard whenever you select the ce changer. This is your best solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Mr_Mike
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing