Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i convert my DV to an atmospheric Blow off.IE venting the pressure outside the intake? this using my TT dv and stock intake blocked off?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Do you even know the purpose of a DV :roll: You will end up losing HP just so you can get a swooshing sound :p :crazy:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know the whole purpose, i was just wondering about wath it would do. :roll:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
redb5sdca said:
peppy said:
Do you even know the purpose of a DV :roll: You will end up losing HP just so you can get a swooshing sound :p :crazy:

you know to some people that is a hevily desired swooshing sound 8)
like me for example.
I dont know about modding a DV and removing intake,
you can probablye get a CAI to have this effect.

There valves on the market that can be BOV or DV or any combination of both like the GFB stealth FX.

but Hp loss due to Blow off valve is a false statement.

Once you step on the gas the blow off valves acts just like a DV .,it closes.

it runs rich ?
yes , but just for a second when you change gears cause the ECU calculates the air that is supposed to go back to the intake after the gear is changed both valves are doing the same function.

So I dare someone can prove that a Blow off valve will make you loose Hps.

Plus the woossshhh sound is sweet , intimidating to other drivers that are thinking of racing you and kids waiting fot the school bus looooveee it..

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Dont get me wrong gentlemen. I like that sound too 8) In fact, I wanted to do the same but I was explained that the main difference between a BOV and a recirculating DV is that the BOV vents the boost into the atmosphere and NOT the airbox.The DV increases both quicker throttle response and higher clamping load to maintain boost pressure more reliably. So, I retract my last comment. What I really meant to say is that it feels like you lost HP because your car lags. You dont actually LOSE HP :wink:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im tossed up betwen sound and lag?? i dont have and exhaust so all you will hear is the little swoosh!!kinda sleeper ish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
2.0GTI
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing