Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a front or rear or both... I had no idea how benificial the Chas-bar would be to my Passat, I LOVE it. In addition to that, I feel like other sway bars would only add to the enjoyment.

Suggestions for the V6 4-Motion anyone??

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Again me :)

Autotech 32mm (against OE 29mm)-this one is same like for FWD
http://www.autotech.com/swaybars.htm

VW 1BE sway bar for B5.5 (fits perfectly on B5 as well) 17mm (against 15mm OE) it comes(must order separately) with ordinary rubber bushings. I suggest not to order 1BE bushings but only clamps. Bushings can be ordered, paid (by Visa), and received by post from:
http://www.superflex.co.uk/superflex_universal_anti_roll_bar_mounts_etc.html
Note this is not Powerflex but they are good.they will be slightly larger than VW clamps but nothing tragic.

All this I have on mine B5 4Mo, you will feel the difference.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Hi Swami,

since you introduce CPP on CB5, I was wisiting them and ND sites, more than few times. My only and biggest concern is squeling of metal parts that are instead rubber bushings on all their products. I know that they are "selflubricated" and teflon coated but I am scared what to do if and when they start to squel/squeek,etc. With PUR bushings is fairly easy, a bit of silicon grease will do usually good. But this?? Moscow is extremly poluted city(if you wash your car in the morning and leave it on parking lane, by end of the day it will have nice thick layer of dust(smog type) and greasy one. All that s*&@#it will penetrate suspension. I would like to try but I am afraid, second reason is that I can hardly find someone here to buy from me, if I am not satisfied (with squeeking problem only).
Now I have rounded my suspension with sways, front upper strut,Koni,1BE springs and will go next week to VW to make "sport suspension" wheel aligment. So, those sway links would probably give some nice touch. What should I do??
:cry: :cry: I sent 2 months ago to CPP Q, about heavy dust enviroment behaviour of their products and got nothing up to now.Any wisdom and input is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
It's funny because I know a few Audi drivers who are running CPP suspension components here in the Washington Metro Area.

I was just told to clean the bearings with a toothbrush dipped in Ethyl Alcohol and after it dries hit it with some McKay Graphite Spray from PEP Boys. I haven't needed to clean my control arms and rear toe-link, but my friend Matt cleans his CPP components on his S4 every 3-4 months. Now if you do use CPP products and you get snow, go with the stainless-steel ends!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts